Baobab Tree of Life Necklace
The Baobab Tree is a powerful symbol of strength and fortitude in the face of adversity. It represents the magical connections between light and dark, heaven and earth, the past and the future. Above all, it inspires us to hope, no matter the obstacles!
The massive Baobab Tree lives as a creature between worlds. By appearance, it looks as if it is placed on earth upside down, with bare, root like branches high up on top for most of the year. The tree itself is long-lived like the American redwoods, living for well over 2000 years and by some accounts up to 5000 years. Thriving in arid conditions, it is a marvel of longevity and resilience, a true Tree of Life connecting Heaven and Earth in its time-honored embrace.
- Pendant available on 18 inch sterling silver chain or black PVC cord.
- Small (.75 inch) or Large (2 inch) sterling silver pendant with glass-domed cabochon.
- Pendant offers a truly unique and handmade quality, crafted from sterling silver and adorned with original custom artwork.
- Each pendant features a clear glass dome, showcasing a reproduction of an authentic artwork on both sides of the piece.
- The original piece was created using a blend of linocut printing and charcoal drawing techniques.
- Pendant is meticulously and lovingly crafted in South Africa.
*** It's important to note that while the glass on the pendant is securely sealed, submerging this pendant in water is not recommended. The artist's original design is printed on paper, and a skillful combination of resin, glass, and artwork forms the final pendant. ***
South African artist Minitza van der Walt brings elegant modern design to her jewelry with her mixed media artistry, a combination of Etching, Marley print, Silkscreen and Drawing, all deeply inspired by the remarkable African landscape. Her drawings have been translated into truly unique jewelry. Each piece is a splendid work of art, embodied with her strong passion for nature and design.
Minitza's inspiration, in her own words:
"Nature possesses wondrous powers.
It inspires, gives hope, uplifts our spirits, soothes and calms, and reminds us that there is always something better."